This creamy potato salad is so so tasty and really easy to make that will become one of your favorite side dishes. I got this recipe from my aunt many many years ago. Back then, I wasn’t really fond of salads with mayonnaise but when I tried her salad, I absolutely fell in love with it. It’s so simple and has only a few ingredients, yet so delicious and with a perfect balance of flavors. I often make it when we have people round for dinner or for buffets and everyone is asking me for the recipe. So here it is, let’s get started!
Why you should try out my recipe
- Very easy to prepare and only a few ingredients.
- Perfect for a quick lunch and quite filling.
- Stores in the fridge for a few days.
- Great side dish for meat or fish.
Ingredients & How-to
The recipe has only a few ingredients that you usually have in your pantry already and it’s really so easy to make. All you need is potatoes, green onions, carrots, mayonnaise, dill and vinegar. Yeap, you read right, this is a potato salad without eggs.
01. I start with preparing the potatoes. I like to cut the potatoes into cubes and then boil them for 10-15 minutes. This way, I don’t have to wait for them to cool down before I cut them and they also cook faster. Win win!!
02. After boiling them, I put them in a bowl and add the vinegar in. The secret here is to leave the potatoes in the vinegar for at least an hour, the longer the better. I usually leave them overnight with the vinegar and then, on the next day, I just put all the ingredients together. But, if you are making the potato salad for the same day, then you could just leave them to soak in the vinegar for an hour.
03. While the potatoes are resting, I prepare the other ingredients. I peel a couple of carrots and then grate them.
04. I clean the green onions and then chop them finely. Same with the dill, I chop it finely after giving it a good wash.
05. When everything is ready, I simply add all the ingredients to a big bowl along with the mayonnaise. I give it a good mix so everything is well incorporated and leave it to rest for 10 minutes before serving so all the flavors will come out nicely.
You can serve the potato salad as a side dish with your main or light lunch. It goes very well with meat, fish and patties. Why don’t you try it out with my grilled meatballs.
You can store this easy potato salad without eggs in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. I do not recommend freezing it as it will be a bit runny when thawed.
How can I make the potato salad vegan? If you would like to make the potato salad vegan, then you could replace the mayonnaise with a vegan one of your choice.
How long does the potato salad last in the fridge? You could store the potato salad in the fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
What can I serve with the potato salad? You could serve the potato salad as a side dish with some meat or fish.
Other Recipes to Try
If you liked my Easy & Creamy Potato Salad recipe, check out these recipes too
Watch the Video
Easy Creamy Potato Salad Without EggsYou will absolutely fall in love with this potato salad. So creamy, delicious and easy to make. It has only a few simple ingredients and without any eggs. You can have it on its own or as a side with your main. Try it out with some grilled meat or fish. Enjoy!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 5 green onions
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 1 cup (200gr) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes around 1 inch / 2 cm
- Boil the potatoes cubes for 10-15 potatoes until soft.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and add the vinegar. Leave them to rest in the vinegar for at least an hour or better overnight.
- Grate the carrots. Chop the green onions. Finely cut the fresh dill.
- Add the potatoes to a salad bowl along with the carrots, green onions, dill, mayonnaise and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- I usually boil the potatoes, add the vinegar and leave them in the fridge overnight. Then, on the next day, I simply put the ingredients together to a bowl and serve.
- For a vegan version, you could replace the mayo with a vegan one of your choice.
Store it in the fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
I am not a nutritionist. The nutrition information has been calculated using an on-line calculator, and is intended for information and guidance purposes only. If the nutrition information is important to you, you should consider calculating it yourself, using your preferred tool.