These baked potato wedges are really easy and quick to make, ready in 30 minutes and much healthier than chips and fries. Perfect for babies and little ones, if you don’t add any salt in the mixture, as they are easy to hold with their little fingers, soft in the middle and crispy outside. You could serve them with some dippers, some cheese, homemade patties, and so much more. They really go well with anything!
Why you should try my recipe
- Only 5 ingredients that you usually have in your pantry already.
- It takes only 30 minutes to make. Perfect for busy days.
- Healthy and light as they are baked in the oven.
- Great dippers in sauces or yogurt for a light snack or side dish.
- Versatile! They go well with anything.
- A big hit with little children and babies that follow BLW method.
Ingredients & How-to
The baked potato wedges recipe has only 5 simple ingredients: potatoes, oil, paprika, dried herbs, pepper. For full quantities check the recipe down below.
01. I like to use medium to large size potatoes and usually I leave the skin on. I give them a thorough wash to get all the dirt and soil off and then cut them into wedges shape. I cut one potato into four lengthwise and then each quarter into two or three wedges depending on the size. You want each potato wedge to have a V shape.
02. Then, I add the wedges to a bowl with cold water and a little bit of salt, and leave them for 10-15 minutes to rest. This helps to remove any excess starch that makes the potatoes more sticky on the outside. After resting, I drain them well and pat dry them using a towel. This step is important to get a nice crispy outside on your potato wedges.
03. Finally, it’s time to prepare the mixture and coat the potato wedges. I add a teaspoon of paprika, a teaspoon of mixed dry herbs, pepper and then I drizzle with a bit of olive oil. My mix of dry herbs has thyme, parsley, oregano and basil but you can use only oregano or any dry herbs of your preference. If I’m not sharing the wedges with my little one, I add a bit of salt as well. Otherwise, you can add some salt after taking them out of the oven on your serving only.
04. Using my fingers, I coat all the potato wedges well and then I place them on a lined baking tray. Make sure each wedge is placed with one of the flat sides down, as that will help to get get a crispy skin.
Mamazilla's Product Recommendations
You can have the baked potato wedges as a side with your main or even on their own with some sauce or yogurt on the side. These are also great for babies and little ones as they are the perfect size for their little fingers and they don’t contain any salt.
Baked potato wedges are nice and crispy when served fresh right out of the oven. Since it only takes 30 minutes to make, I recommend preparing them last minute and serve them immediately. If you have any leftovers, you could warm them up in the microwave but they won’t be as crispy and tasty as when freshly made.
How to cut the potatoes into wedges? To cut the potato into wedges shape, firstly take one large potato and cut it into quarters lengthwise. Then cut each quarter into two or three wedges starting from the outside-skin side and cutting till the middle forming a V shape.
What type of herbs can I add to the wedges? You could use any dried herbs of your preference like oregano, basil, parsley, thyme or buy a dried herbs mix.
Can I leave the skin on for potato wedges? Yeah, you can leave the skin on the potatoes. Just give them a nice wash to get any dirt and soil off.
Are potato wedges suitable for babies? Baked potato wedges are great for babies that follow the baby-led weaning method as they are easy to hold with their little hands, and they can be used as dippers for sauces and yogurt. Just make sure you don’t add any salt to the mixture.
Watch the video
Aromatic Baked Potato WedgesEasy to make and very aromatic! These homemade wedges are great as a side dish with your main or as a snack for your little ones. It will only take you 30 minutes to prepare, perfect for those busy days when you need something fast.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- baking tray (paid link)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Leave the skin on the potatoes and wash them well to remove any soil and dirt.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and then into four.
- Put them in a bowl and cover with water. Add a little bit of salt and leave them for 10 minutes.
- Wash & drain the wedges and pat dry.
- Add the paprika, herbs, pepper and oil. Toss to get them really well coated.
- Place the wedges on a tray lined with a baking sheet with one of the flat sides down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until soft inside and golden brown outside.
- If you are not sharing this with a little one, you could add some salt in the mixture.
- You could add any dried herbs of your preference like oregano, thyme, basil.
The baked potato wedges are better when served immediately after they come out of the oven as they are crispy and hot.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
I am not a nutritionist. The nutrition information has been calculated using an on-line calculator, and is intended for information and guidance purposes only. If the nutrition information is important to you, you should consider calculating it yourself, using your preferred tool.